Sunday 15 May 2011

Significance of Being Insignificant


Now and then I ask myself WHO AM I and WHY AM I,and the answer becomes egotistical ME ever proud of WHAT I AM, the material thing i have collected and knowledge i have acquired so far, I tell myself I AM VERY SIGNIFICANT INDEED. BUT when I realise that i am not the only one in my family, my SIGNIFICANCE is slightly reduced. For example in my family we are 7 and that reduces my significance even further.

As I live in the community of hundred thousand people my significance becomes even less just one out of hundred thousands, and if i factor in the city and the country population i get confused to understand What is my Purpose, WHY AM I ME. Then it hits me that if factor in the world population my significance becomes just one in six billion. if i put in all living creatures on earth my significance becomes less than a pixel on the largest screen.

Then I look out into the blue yonder and find that i leave in a galaxy of more than 200 billion suns, that reduces my signifance even more and to realise that there are more than hundrends billions of galaxies my significance becomes less than a grain of sand in all grains of sand on earth.

Then I look back and I say to myself there must be a very SIGNIFICANT reason for me to BE who I AM. The reason must be bigger than the size of galaxies put together to make my INSIGNIFICANT very SIGNIFICANT. I realise that everything else but Me follows LAWS of Physics or Nature to the letter but I HAVE A CHOICE. I can Think, I can move mountains if i want to, i can fly as far as I could into the universe, I can rearrange Nature, I can destroy species and rearrange them and disrupt the order of Natural processes I can and most of the time i am trying to even destroy the very foundation that make me SIGNIFICANT. SO Who Am I, I AM STUPID, FEABLE,IGNORANT and ARROGANT HUMAN BEING FOR NOT REALISING THE SIGNIFICANCE OF BEING INSIGNIFICANT.

1 comment:

  1. Allah says: Ch.33:72, "We did indeed offer the Trust to the Heavens and the Earth and the Mountains; but they refused to undertake it, being afraid thereof: but man undertook it;- He was indeed unjust and foolish"

    It seems that the heavens and the Galaxes and the Earth and the Mountains are more aware of their insignficance more than me and you, this is why they siezed to be arrogant and stupid from the beginning!!

    ReplyDelete