Saturday 5 March 2011

The Power of Labview


I have been quite for sometime, and for a reason. i was wrestling some time consuming experiments, where i had to be in attendance to change currents on two Keathley CW power supplies. my experiment involved pumping two isolated sections of Quantum dot laser using two power sources. so manually changing current on one section and then scan wavelength on Optical spectrum Analyser (OSA), then typing the name of the file which has to show what section had what current for that scan was labour intensive until i met Labview...it is graphical programming language which at first glance a program may look like a spagheti dish.

But my programming skills finally came to the rescue and after a day of writing code, i was able to have a perfect program that had rendered me redundant from participating in my own experiment. YES the program does everything i tell ya, from switching the equipments on and off to perform loops that would have taken me a week to finish, and save the files conviniently into a folder with properly formated names.

Now all i can do is to wait for it to finish all experiments then i will take over to do analysis, am thinkin should i write a software that does the analysis for me and post me results (good idea but it my give my supervisor the opportunity to make me permanently redundant)...(DID YOU KNOW THAT GOD IS ALSO A PROGRAMMER)..just think about it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment