Tuesday 18 January 2011

New Sample Holder Design

Frustrations can arise when you try and try to make something to work. Yes i have finally designed a clip that will make my life easier. I have devices which are 1mm long so it was tricky to hold them so that their 0.35mm facet can be coated. it is simplest but does the job with minimum annoyances. PhD is not all hanky-dory thats why when you hear African government leaders with fake doctor-hood from fake institute it tripple pisses you off.

There is alot of emotions involved in research there are days where you wonder whether you are in the right course or you made a right choice and other days where you feel like you reached heaven.

2 comments:

  1. I am trying to improve my laser performance by coating the facet as well. Can you give me some tips?

    Regards,
    Nam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i would like to help, would you be more specific on what you want to do. send me an email at ee33ss@surrey.ac.uk..

      Delete